Friday, May 23, 2008

I'm with the band

I've just added an excellent blog to my links below. "Back of the Cereal Box," also on Blogger, is written by one Mr. Drew Mackie. I don't know Mr. Mackie at all, and I'm unsure how I originally came across his blog, but I suspect it had something to do with Kill Bill. Anyway, his interests overlap significantly with my own, and his writing is entertaining. Do check his stuff out.

This week he posted a current internet meme that tickled my fancy:
  1. Click on this link. The title of the page is the name of your band.
  2. Click on this link. The last four words of the final quotation on the page are the title of your album.
  3. Click on this link this link. The third picture is your album cover.
  4. Take the pic, add your band name and album title.
Here are my first results, which filled me with delight:

I'd listen to that album. I'm thinking that Propriá (that wouldn't actually be him in the photo, of course) is a second-generation descendant of Brazilian immigrants, and worked his way up to prominence in Manhattan around 2002. He does wry, confessional acoustic guitar songs with samba flourishes, as if lifted from Seu Jorge. Self-deprecation plus cuíca equals frequent play on 89.3 The Current!

2 comments:

Kane said...

If I could post my album I would. Oh well. My band name is "Challenge Early College High School" and my album is "Is Promised Except Death".

Anonymous said...

Your results are awesome. Mine, not so much. I may cheat and try again.