Weeklypedia Quiz #4
1. This singer & trumpet-playing bandleader was the "A" who partnered with Jerry Moss to form "A&M Records."
2. This aquatic/aviary term refers to an event that is so unusual and unimaginable that it cannot be predicted. The September 11 attacks and the stock market crash of 1987 are cited by some as examples.
3. This 1980 film by Michael Cimino on the Johnson County War was a financial disaster that led directly to the folding of United Artists studio into MGM.
4. The 1966 novel and 1968 Frank Sinatra vehicle "The Detective," about Detective Joe Leland, was followed by a sequel book, Nothing Lasts Forever, which was adapted into this late '80s blockbuster action film.
5. An arena, indoor or outdoor, for track cycling.
6. Mexico has recently seen several riots in major metropolitan areas, in which youths who follow this musical and fashion style have been targeted for attack.
7. Handmade Films, the British production company behind such films as "Monty Python's Life of Brian," "The Long Good Friday" and "The Adventures of Baron Munchausen," was co-founded by this lead guitarist.
8. Interstate Bakeries Corporation owns both the Hostess brand of snack foods and former competitor Dolly Madison, originator of these cakes once pitched by Charles Schultz's Peanuts characters.
Next week! Or rather, later this week!