1. This Japanese term used in the Americas and Australia refers to the second generation -- children of Japanese immigrants born in their adoptive homelands.Woo! Trivia!
2. He was the first US President to serve his entire presidency without a Vice President.
3. He was the last US President to serve his entire presidency without a Vice President.
4. President Benjamin Harrison refused to say which order he signed these two states into the Union. In effect, they joined simultaneously.
5. One winter in the 1870s, young Chester Greenwood perfected these items of clothing he'd invented by using flat spring steel in place of the baling wire he'd tried first.
6. Many brands of root beer trace their origins to this year, in which the 18th Amendment was ratified, beginning Prohibition.
7. It was the last play that Shakespeare wrote.
8. (This one takes two steps.) It is the capital of the nation of origin of the characters who shot & killed Doc Brown at the beginning of the movie "Back to the Future."
Previous quiz's answer key was long overdue, now posted 2 1/2 months later.