If you see that I've overlooked one, please let me know in the comments (but please wait until after I've added a given week's episode, as I watch with a day or two of delay, and would like to see it fresh. By the same token, spoiler alert!).
Episode 4: "The Narrow Escape Problem" (5/10/17)
A relatively light week on references: good thing, since I've fallen behind!
- To begin with, we get Billy Bob Thornton (The Man Who Wasn't There, Intolerable Cruelty, Fargo Season One) narrating the introduction to Peter and The Wolf.
- Once again, as in the movie Fargo, we get a Gophers name drop.
The bag (receptacle? vessel?) in Emmit's safe deposit box is labeled Luverne, also the MN town in which Season Two was set.
- The Luverne bag is, of course, filled with cremains, which Ray gets more willingly close to than The Dude with Donny's in The Big Lebowski.
- "Preferred nomenclature": "cremains" here, but not "Chinamen" in Lebowski.
- And speaking of Lebowski, New Chief seems just as eager to shoehorn in an Iraq War story about his compatriots "face down in the dirt" as Walter is to make everything about Vietnam and his friends "face down in the muck."
- In his interview with Gloria, Ray seems to be Jerry Lundegaarding it up (Fargo), but he is ably out-Lundegaarded by Sy in his encounter with Officer Winnie Lopez.
- "Dingus," again a Hudsucker Proxy word choice, but this time in its anatomical use.
Season 3 Episode 3
Season 3 Episode 2
Season 3 Intro and Episode 1