1. The remake of this film featured James LeGros in a small role as a used car salesman who didn't want any trouble from his first customer of the day.
2. He is the NYC cop who broke the code of silence surrounding police corruption in the early 1970s (last name only is acceptable).
3. This hazardous metal is commonly obtained from the ore cinnabar, and is one of only two elements that is liquid at standard temperature and pressure.
4. Regina is its capital.
5. This 2002 album by the rock band Wilco would have been known as "Yoke How Fox" if they were British instead of American.
6. It's a slang term for a padded backrest on a motorcycle.
7. She's the owner of the company that adapted Zora Neale Hurston's novel "Their Eyes Were Watching God" into a film in 2005.
8. The title of Wagner's opera Götterdämmerung, which premiered in Bayreuth, Germany in 1876, is a translation of this Norse term meaning "the Fate of the Gods."
Until next week, or until I finally blog something other than hastily-constructed trivia.