Here's the new quiz:
1. If The Ramones had reset their song "Rockaway Beach" in the next nearest peninsula to that shore, it might have been called this.I still have not blogged about how my Jeopardy! audition went on Monday. I'll do that soon, honest. Short version: it went well, I think, and I hope that I have a decent shot at being a contestant. I'll know if they call me or not in the next 18 months. More to come, but in the meantime, check out the blog of one of the other applicants at my session, kmkat, who knits! She even got some great pictures!
2. When he takes office to succeed NY Gov Eliot Spitzer, David Paterson will be the United States' fourth African-American governor and, significantly, only the second governor who is this.
3. Although wildly popular in American Chinese restaurants, this dish, named for a ming dynasty warrior, is largely unknown in China.
4. It is a statistical phenomenon that may be seen as a basis for a "sophomore slump," the tendency of those who excel to be less above-average in their next performance.
5. For most of NASA's Space Shuttle project, extra-vehicular manipulations have been performed by astronauts and by eponymous robotic "arms" produced in this country.
6. This British rock band was hailed as "the next Beatles," had the support of the Fab Four and even performed original songs by Lennon & McCartney, before spectacularly flaming out.
7. This presidential appointee is not part of the military, but is the head of one of the United States' uniformed services. Hence the naval-styled attire. (Note: multiple correct answers are possible.)
8. They are what the two syllables of the geographic slang BosWash refer to.